January 11, 2014
How To Change Windows 7 Admin Password Without Knowing Current Password
- Go to Control Panel and click on the Administrative Tools.
- Under this section double click on Computer Management. Select System Tools from rightwindow pane.
- Under this, just double click on Local Users and Groups and then on Users
- Now you will see all the login accounts of your computer.
- Right click on any the account whose password you want to change and then click on Set Password.
- A warning message will popup on your screen just click on Proceed button.
- Now enter your New Password and click on OK button.
That’s it! your windows 7 password is changed without knowing current password.
Note: The only limitation of this method is that your current account should have Administrative privileges.
If you love to be work on Command Line then this method is for you.
- Open command prompt Type CMD in start, right click on it and select Run as Administrative
- In the CMD window type the following command and hit Enter “net user Account Name Your New Password” without quotes.
- In this command replace Account Name by the account name (Account Name is case sensitive) whose password you want to change and replace Your New Password by the password that you want to set. Now if everything goes alright you will see “The command completed successfully”on your screen,
- Now, type exit command and hit Enter This will reset your current windows password.
You can change administrator password by this through guest account.